The College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) and the United Arab Emirates University
(UAEU) put a strong emphasis on all aspects of biomedical research, from undergraduate
students to all faculty members. Research encompasses laboratory research, experimental
animal research, in addition to all aspect of clinical research.
The CMHS is keen:
- To foster and encourage intramural research by students, residents, and faculty at
- To develop and support the research skills of new national faculty and staff with
no prior research experience;
- To support and develop clinical research by other institutions and hospitals, especially
now that research is becoming an important factor for hiring and promotion of medical
staff in the country;
- To develop collaborative research projects with other institutions;
- To provide support through courses, conferences, etc.